I’m kind of back

Warning: Not so lighthearted explanation for my absence for those that want it. If you just want to know when more stories are coming skip to the end.

Let me start by apologizing for my long absence. I don’t really like to put this out there very much, but I suffer from some really major anxiety issues as well as occasional bouts of depression. Originally I started writing on here as a means of helping that, but after a while, it started to contribute to it. Around the time where I started writing Higeki no Hiro my personal life got really hectic in the “I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to keep a roof over my head” kind of way. I decided to take a long break, but in my anxiety, I couldn’t find a way of explaining that without panicking would always end up bailing. I like to think that I make people’s day a little brighter with my content, and I don’t really like the idea of bumming people out with my problems when they mostly came here for the stories, but I needed a break. That being said, I’m still far from in a good position fiscally, but I’m quite a bit more refreshed mentally and would like to start writing and putting stuff up here occasionally again.

With all that out of the way here’s the important bit. It has been quite some time since the last chapter of either Higeki no Hiro or Maou the Yuusha. It’s hard to get back into the flow of the stories, even if I can remember where I was heading with them, so continuations of them would be rather clunky and off for a while if I continued them.

My question is: Would you guys rather I put out some slightly lower quality chapters of my current series while I got back into the swing of them or a new series altogether that I could keep the flow going right from the start?

Either way, chapters are going to be coming in a fair deal slower than they were before. I deeply regretted the weekly deadline I set for myself, and I don’t want to fall into the same constant rush to finish as before as I felt like it made the overall chapters a bit worse in the end.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Author's comments. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to I’m kind of back

1. Dragrath says:

I know this is late but I can relate you you regarding depression and anxiety and wish you the best through it. I agree with the above poster on the updates being more important I had stopped visiting for a while because nothing was happening here. Just hearing about the situation helps us understand what is going on and thus keep checking back in 🙂

2. Torgr says:

I’d say if you’re worried about getting back into the flow of your previous works just start off with short stories or something until you think you’ve got it nailed down again.

3. carmenhoot says:

Please do whats best for you👍 Number 1 fan right here. I started reading ur work when u posted the 5th chapter… i think… and every week i would get super excited😂 Espesially when i had exam stress. So thank you for all the hard work.

4. sdeligar says:

Glad to see you back and looking forward to seeing what you have in store.

5. lordekomy says:

Don’t try to push yourself, we will still be here. Just, please do tell us about your ssituation. you don’t have to explain whast you are going through, just tell us if you arre gonna on a break or something.
    also please continu with yourcurrent stories

6. Good to have you back.

7. Àkane says:

I’ve followed you for over a year, I’m here for the long haul.
    P.S. Please continue with your current stories, the story and the world made around it is much better than most all of the “professional” stories that I usually have to pay through the nose it get my hands on.

• DemonCooler says:

Agreed, and if you need to go on a slower schedule by all means please do so, making works like these should be relaxing not stress-inducing. As long as you give us a heads up that’s all I ask of you. Thank you for all the work you have done thus far.

8. Soap982 says:

We’re your dedicated and loyal fans, we’re with you till the bitter end

9. Gege says:

Hi, glad you come back. I hope you okay.
    Currently there are two missing author. Vaancruze and Vikingstoryteller. But one of them has returned. 😀
    “We” dont really want to burden you at all. So feel free to do what you like most. Either its previous stories update (with or without clnky) or even new series. Thats also okay.
    Even if you cant update any story yet, thats also fine. At least you also could update your status.
    So, dont worry about it. Good luck.
    Sorry I cant really express my intention. my english is somewhat bad. Lol

10. hexwolfx says:

Its good your back. I think you should the secound option of writing a new novel till your sure yu can write great chs for your forest novel.

11. Falinmer says:

Thanks for letting us know of your circumstances and I completely understand. I had been translating a story for fun, but the pressure of keeping up with that and school weighed on me a lot, so although I don’t have the anxiety issues you do, I do know about how a project started for fun can contribute to stress.
    In my opinion, I want to see a continuation of Maou the Yuusha as I really love the story, I don’t mind a little clunkyness, all authors go through that once in a while (that’s where later revisions come in handy).
    My suggestion for if something like this happens in the future (and you want to continue stories like this) try to write out a “strip map” of the story as you want it to go, IE: the broad points that you want to happen so that if you have to take a break, you can put it down and pick it up with a slight guide to follow.
    I hope you feel better, and know that we all support you, enjoy your break and don’t come back until you feel ready. If you push yourself too hard without letting yourself recover, you will only hurt, and possibly break yourself, so it’s best to focus on moving in a better direction until you feel stable rather than trying to satisfy us leeches. The only addendum I would add to that is please, let us know how you’re doing, even if you don’t update the story, I know the readers will feel better just knowing that you’re still around.